Find the perfect work - life balance through acupuncture
Acupuncture: All about Acupuncture you always wanted to know
Acupuncture is an ancient system of medicine based on the notion that health and wellbeing relate to the flow of a life force (Ch'i) through pathways (meridians) in the human body. Acupuncturists place fine needles into the skin at critical points along the meridians to remove blockages and encourage a balanced flow of the life force. It can treat wide range of acute and chronic diseases and symptoms.
The core principles of acupuncture are,
* Each meridian is associated with and connects to one of the major organs.
* Each meridian has an internal and an external pathway. Although the internal pathways are buried deep within the body, the external ones are relatively near the surface and are accessible to needling.
* There are hundreds of possible acupuncture points along the meridians.
* Depending on the school and the condition being treated, the acupuncturist will insert needles at particular points on particular meridians.
* The penetration depth varies from 0.5 centimetre to over 10 centimetres, and often the therapy involves rotating the needles in situ.
* Needles can be left in place for a few seconds or a few hours.
Acupuncture works miracle on pains from acute headache to chronic neurolgia pains. It stimulates the release of the chemical called endorphins (opioids) and this act as powerful, natural painkillers.